A note from my aunt regarding anniversaries: have your anniversary in July, that way in early July you can see fireworks in America and in mid-July you can travel to any country with French influences and see fireworks. Bottom line, you will get fireworks for your anniversary.
Hope you met that certain someone in the last 10 days. If not you can drink away your sorrows and celebrate with us. Who’s doing fireworks?
This bad boy is made with strawberry-thyme simple syrup, gin, a squeeze of lemon and something bubbly. We garnished ours with red (strawberries), white (lemon pith, duh) and blue (berries).
Feel free to add your own bullets shells.
Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful thyme
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small sauce pan. Add thyme and steep for 3 minutes. Strain through fine mesh into separate container.
Thyme Syrup Soaked Strawberries
- leftover Thyme Simple Syrup
- as many strawberries as you have, hulled and quartered
- Packed your berries into a clean jar with a lid. Pour syrup to top. Seal jar and shake vigorously. Add more of each ingredient, shake vigorously. Repeat until there’s no more room.
- Thyme Simple Syrup Soaked Strawberries, plus syrup
- Hendrick’s Gin
- Champagne or something bubbly (you can go non-alcoholic to minimize the 75 mm effect)
- lemon wedge
- bullet shells (optional)
- Into a champagne glass or other celebratory vessel add thyme soaked strawberries in their syrup
- Add a squeeze of lemon wedge
- Pour in a generous amount of gin
- Top with Champagne or desired bubbly
- Garnish with blueberries and bullets